My name is Ashlee Matthews, and I am running to represent my neighbors and friends of House District 38.
I have had the opportunity to serve the public for the last nine years in my work for the Utah Department of Transportation, and my husband is a Union Pipefitter. Together we are raising our two small boys in the home that my husband grew up in, in the neighborhood of Oquirrh Shadows.
I believe the areas of focus for our campaign are non-partisan issues. They are working family issues.
- Accessibility to childcare and after school programs
- Improving infrastructure and accessibility to the West side
- Improving Utah’s air quality by being good stewards of the land
- Supporting working families
I have had the opportunity to serve my community in several capacities, and look forward to using my experience to make sure that all of Utah’s working class families have a seat at the table.
- Mentor – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- Founding Board Member & Director of Events – The Single Parent Project
- Giving Tree Coordinator – UA Local 140 Ladies Auxiliary
- Foster, Foster Coordinator, Volunteer – Cause for Paws Utah
- Foster – Utah Animal Advocacy Foundation